AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I am going to hook up a infocus x10 projector to a onkyo 607 reciever, I have 6 HDMI inputs. I run a hdmi from the projector to the HDMI in on the back of the reciever. This will allow me to switch between the 6 hdmi modes with only running one cable to the projector. My question is what about a Nintendo Wii? someone told me i just need to hook the wii in with compenent cables to the back of the onkyo 607 and i will be able to run it into the projector through HDMI. is this true?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Actually you run an HDMI from the projector to the out or monitor out on the receiver (your post says HDMI in). Whether your receiver can convert the component signal from the Wii to HDMI is a question that really belongs in the amps/receiver/processor forums (the projector has nothing to do with it). Or I'm sure the manual covers it as well. If your Onkyo does indeed do this conversion, then one HDMI to the projector is all you should need.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I'd be surprised if the receiver did convert the component signal to send over hdmi, but don't know. It may.

IIRC, the X10 has checkboxes in the menu for the inputs you wish to use. From there, you can use the remote to change source with just one button, and if you've only selected two inputs, one press always gets you where you want to be. Worst case, you could just do that.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenn24 /forum/post/16912870

if I am going to hook up a infocus x10 projector to a onkyo 607 reciever, I have 6 HDMI inputs. I run a hdmi from the projector to the HDMI in on the back of the reciever. This will allow me to switch between the 6 hdmi modes with only running one cable to the projector. My question is what about a Nintendo Wii? someone told me i just need to hook the wii in with compenent cables to the back of the onkyo 607 and i will be able to run it into the projector through HDMI. is this true?

I have a 607 and, yes, it's true. When you set up your inputs in the receiver set-up menu you can pick the video-source (and even audio) type (component, HDMI) that is associated with the different receiver inputs. It's described in the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.