AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an X2 I'm looking at fixing from a friend that he got free a few weeks ago. A customer that he was installing satellite TV for gave it to him after they got a new one because after they replaced the lamp it quit. They stated the lamp failed, they replaced it and it never did anything but light up since. The lamp lights, the color wheel spins up, and the flashing green light on top blinks about 10 times then goes solid, but that's it. An image never appears, just a whitish square, no splash screen, menu, etc.

I've had it apart and checked all wires, cables, etc., found nothing loose. Even carefully removed the DMD and reattached it after carefully cleaning the pads and pins with some electrical contact cleaner, but same results. Its almost like something isn't getting power or the image processing isn't starting up for some reason. Thoughts?? Bad board, bad DMD? Has anyone ever seen this behavior before?

Thx in advance,

Jeff

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed it myself...it was the control board. Found a used board cheap on ebay and took a gamble. I was pretty sure based on the way the unit was acting that it was the main board, since it'd behave exactly the same as far as startup sequence whether the lamp was in or not, I'd get about 5 seconds of the power led flashing green then it went solid. If the lamp was in, it'd light and just project the blank white square. If I took the lamp out, the status led would never go red. The color wheel spun no matter what as soon as power was applied. The only thing that made any difference at all was the lamp door switch, which only proved to extinguish the lamp and stop the fans...the color wheel continued to run and the status led remained solid green.

Popped in the board tonight and it fired right up, am typing this response using it as my display in fact. Just figured I'd post the solution in case anyone else ever comes across this behavior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts