AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum.

I just bought a LN52A750 TV, but I have not been able to get Infolink to work right. Currently, I am using my LAN cable to connect my wireless Linksys router to my TV. The connection seems to be fine because the green light is blinking meaning data are transferring. The problem is that I was unable to locate the address settings manually because auto setup did not locate the address for me. The error I found after the address setup was Gateway Ping. So, have I entered the correct address? Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 650. Trying to connect to LAN via ethernet cable to my wireless router (Verizon FiOS). Gives me an error at Gateway Ping. Tips anyone?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Add me to the list. I have a A750 that tells me that the connection that was established automatically by the TV is fine, but when I try to use the InfoLink function, it just sets there trying to connect until it times out...

The wired connection is setting behind a router (CICSO) but the tech person I talked to at Samsung told me that no ports had to be opened up for this to work.

The router also see's the TV just fine and is listed along with the other devices that are connected to the router...

UPDATED:

Removed the router from the network, reacquired the IP settings via the automatic cable set up but still no go. At this point, the TV has direct access to the web. Since it still does not connect, gota think it's an issue with the TV itself, specially when connecting with a Ethernet cable instead of a wireless solution.

I also verified that the TV's IP is pingable once the router was dropped back into the network...

Has ANYONE been able to get a Ethernet solution working for InfoLink???

Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bump*

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having a similar problem. When I connect the ethernet cable to the tv and run network test on the tv is says, Invalid Mac Address, contact Samsung Customer Service. I removed the router and went directly from the (Comcast ) cable modem and it still does not work. Anybody have this problem or know whats up. I have service coming out on Tuesday Sept 9 in the mean time.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojiiswes /forum/post/14583518

I am having a similar problem. When I connect the ethernet cable to the tv and run network test on the tv is says, Invalid Mac Address, contact Samsung Customer Service. I removed the router and went directly from the (Comcast ) cable modem and it still does not work. Anybody have this problem or know whats up. I have service coming out on Tuesday Sept 9 in the mean time.

Mine turned out to be a cable that was not fully seated on the back of the TV
I used a portable PC to check the network with from the DSL device all the way back to the TV before I found it. Working fine now including the 5 port switch, router, etc.

Good Luck to you.

-Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
bump bump bump

same problem, auto will not pass the first step, and manual will not ping the gateway.

this is driving me crazy. the morons at tier 2 tech suppport at samsung said to check with my service provider, comcast, to make sure it supported infolink.

i wish i could slap through the phone

·
Registered
375 Posts
Fixed mine a while back. Ditched the linksys 4 port switch I was using for a d-link 4 port switch. Not a single problem since then.

Go figure...

HTH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone determined what packets are being transmitted during the gateway test? I'm on Optimum Online and the idiots at Samsung gave the same excuse that it was the provider. How can Cablevision, Version and Comcast all block gateway ping. No one at Samsung could confirm if any ports were blocking any specific protocol or packet. Clueless.

I read several other threads pertaining to Port 113 filter as well as putting a static address on the TV and placing it in the DMZ. No luck.

PC Richards has two days for me to find a solution, otherwise the system goes back.

Thanks to level 2 support from Samsung, this is my first and last Samsung purchase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone figured on this issue? I'm also having this issue and cannot figure out the reason why infolink does not connect. My network setting tested out fine. I have directly connected the tv to my isp, router, and bridge router. No go.

Samsung tech support, is suggesting me to buy the linkstick to remedy the problem. I don't think buying a wireless adapter would help my connection at all.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyngo /forum/post/16868162

Has anyone figured on this issue? I'm also having this issue and cannot figure out the reason why infolink does not connect. My network setting tested out fine. I have directly connected the tv to my isp, router, and bridge router. No go.

Samsung tech support, is suggesting me to buy the linkstick to remedy the problem. I don't think buying a wireless adapter would help my connection at all.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Same problem here - new LN52B630. News feed is fine, but stocks and weather have been mostly unchanged for a week!

Samsung costumer service pointless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts