Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
infrared receptor needed to allow tv and other components to receive commands

my center channel speaker covers up the infrared receptor on my tv and dvd. i am looking for the best and simplest plug in device to allow my remote control's (home theater master 700) commands so i don't have to stand up and control it.

any suggestions as to what brands, model numbers, and which e-tailer or retailer to buy this from?

please note that i don't need a fancy, over done type of IR to RF thing, nor do i really need a big IR control box which will control an entire cabinet's full of components even with the cabinet door closed. that will certain work but is an overkill for my needs. all i need is to have my remote's signal (a strong signal since i have the home theater 700) received a couple of feet from my sony grand wega, then transmit it via a wire to the sony grand wega tv just a couple of feet away.

trying to employ the KISS principal.

thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you want KISS then I'd suggest the Hot Link Pro. Best price I've seen is on SurfRemote , which has the added bonus of being run by one of the active forum members here (not me!). It'll do exactly what you need.

I had a similar issue, with my entertainment center blocking the IR receiver for my DVD player. I went for the massive overkill route of buying some Xantech equipment -- it cost more than the Hot Link Pro, but if I wind up needing a bigger solution in the future I'll be able to expand the Xantech. If you're not worried about that then the Hot Link Pro is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about this:

http://www.surfremotecontrol.com/remote_xtender.html

it is $39, which seems to be the least expensive solution. anyone with any ideas? i also thought of using the IR Prism, which is a small, button-like plastic "wide angle lens" to be glued onto each device's IR receptor (i.e. the dvd player's IR receptor) so that it will receive IR from a much wider angle.

any comments please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.