AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any chance of INHD and INHD2 on DIRECTV in the near future? Looks like they have some interesting programming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I thought I noticed a new INHD "bug" recently. It had something like "only on digital cable" under the INHD letters. When did this start? Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BMAG
Considering that the INHD tag-line is "only on digital cable" it does not seem likely.
But, how easy is that to change?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts
It is possible, when INHD came out everyone said there was no way that HD.net would be on cable as a result. Well guess what, they just added it to my cable system last week. TWC, and BHN has added it to their line up all over the country. I would be surprised if HD.net wasn't on comcast soon too.


It is actually against the law for them to not let DBS carry it, but there are loop holes I am sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bdraw
It is possible, when INHD came out everyone said there was no way that HD.net would be on cable as a result. Well guess what, they just added it to my cable system last week. TWC, and BHN has added it to their line up all over the country. I would be surprised if HD.net wasn't on comcast soon too.


It is actually against the law for them to not let DBS carry it, but there are loop holes I am sure.
INHD is owned by a consortium of cable providers. It is not offered over the air. I hate to defend a cable company, but exactly which law says they have to allow satellite companies to buy into it?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,751 Posts
I have heard that there are some laws that require them to offer the channels to satellite providers at "prevailing rates" or something to that effect. I believe these laws affect channels such as ComcastSportsNet in Philly and Baltimore. Otherwise monopoly issues start popping up when the cable company can prevent the competition from getting the channels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
Only if they are distributed via sat. That is not the case with Comcast Sportsnet in Philly which was sent via land lines and now fiber. No sat. distribution hence it can be kept off Ditect TV and Dish Network. Just a lopehole in the law.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
When INHD was announced, it said that it would be offered to sat. providers. I just don't think anyone has taken them up on it yet. Maybe they (sat. providers) don't think they need it because of HD.NET, but INHD seems to be getting some good programming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JWhip
Only if they are distributed via sat. That is not the case with Comcast Sportsnet in Philly which was sent via land lines and now fiber. No sat. distribution hence it can be kept off Ditect TV and Dish Network. Just a lopehole in the law.
Thanks for the info. I knew there was some law out there! Is InHD delivered by satellite?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dm145
How does Directv make a deal like NFL Sunday Ticket?
Maybe because ST is not a programming channel.
 

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
Joined
·
45,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Britinvirg
Is there any chance of INHD and INHD2 on DIRECTV in the near future? Looks like they have some interesting programming.
Yes, there is a chance. INHD is currently available exclusively on digital cable, but has been available to both cable & DBS providers from day one. I would expect at some point INHD will be available on DBS, probably VOOM first, and then the others to follow. The question is when, and I don't have an answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,378 Posts
I just switched from E* to TWC on Saturday and really enjoyed their Imax and concert marathons on Superbowl sunday.


From a distance InHD looked just like a time shifting of DiscoveryHD and HDNet programs but I'm really enjoying it!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top