Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an HD alert on TitanTV...

INHD will be airing live HD broadcasts of tournament play at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am February 5 and 6. “Shots on Seven†features tournament play on the Pebble Beach Golf Links' par-3 7th hole. The 7th hole is among the most famous holes in all of the sport of golf. The shortest hole in major championship golf, the green is protected by six bunkers and partially surrounded by rocks leading into the Pacific Ocean.

Catch the High Definition broadcasts Feb. 5 at 1:30 p.m.ET with replay at 9:00 p.m. ET. Catch more of this exciting event Feb. 6 at 1:30 p.m. ET with another live broadcast and a replay at 9:00 p.m. ET.

About Pebble Beach: This pro-am golf tradition was started by Bing Crosby over 60 years ago and has featured greats such as Fred Astaire, Zeppo Marx, Sam Snead, Kevin Costner, Jimmy Connors, and Bill Murray.

About INHD: INHD is the new 24/7 all-HD television network that features commercial-free movies, professional and college sports and general interest programming that maximizes the HD television experience. INHD is owned and operated by iN DEMAND Networks. Further information about INHD can be found on the Internet at www.inhd.com.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinivey
Very cool, thanks for the info. I will set my new HD cable dvr to record it.
Oh sure, rub it in!

This has always been one of my favorite PGA events. Bill Murray's participation alone always makes it worth watching. As for the 7th hole, well, a couple of years ago when I was fortunate enough to play at Pebble Beach I was awed by the spectacle, so much so that I shanked it right into a bunker. (OK, in full disclosure I do that a lot whether I'm awed or not by a particular hole or course.) I hope the HD does it justice.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
INHD AND PGA TOUR WILL BROADCAST LIVE FROM AT&T PEBBLE BEACH NATIONAL PRO-AM GOLF TOURNAMENT

INHD Will Air “[email protected]†Both Live and Taped Coverage of Famed Par 3 7th Hole at Pebble Beach Golf Links on February 5th and 6th

New York – February 2, 2004 – INHD -- the 24-hour linear all high-definition network -- and the PGA TOUR have reached an agreement that allows INHD to present live high-definition coverage of Pebble Beach Golf Links’ famous 7th hole during the 2004 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Tournament. The announcement was made by David Asch, Vice President of Strategic Planning & Product Management, iN DEMAND Networks, and Donna Orender, Senior Vice President of Strategic Development for the PGA TOUR.

The “[email protected]†broadcast will feature live tournament play from the Pebble Beach Golf Links’ par-3 7th hole on Thursday, Feb. 5th and Friday, Feb. 6th from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm ET. Additionally, INHD will also broadcast five hours of taped coverage of tournament play on the 7th hole on Feb. 5 and 6 beginning at 9 pm ET.

The 106-yard 7th hole is among the most famous and picturesque holes in all of golf, and coincidentally, those same attributes also make it the perfect setting for HDTV’s superb picture quality and resolution. The shortest hole in major championship golf, the green is protected by six bunkers and partially surrounded by rocks leading into the Pacific Ocean. With a significant tee-to-green drop and full exposure to the Pacific Ocean, the wind becomes the major factor on the hole. Players have used a sand wedge on one day of the tournament and a six-iron on another day.

Jay Randolph and Mitch Voges will be stationed at No. 7 and provide commentary throughout the telecast. Entire-day coverage of the 7th hole will be simulcast live on the Internet, similar to PGATOUR.COM’s innovative “[email protected]†during THE PLAYERS Championship. Check at PGATOUR.COM for details.

“This is a terrific opportunity for INHD to team up with the PGA TOUR, and for golf fans with HDTV sets tuned to INHD to experience the action on the seventh hole with the added picture clarity and resolution that is only possible with HD,†said INHD VP, Strategic Planning & Product Management David Asch. “This partnership reflects INHD's continuing commitment to bringing cable's HD audience the best marquee sporting events cable has to offer."

"The PGATOUR is always enthused about marrying new technologies that can enhance our unique and compelling content,†Orender said. “Golf is the perfect sport to take advantage of high definition's ability to bring the vibrancy of the game to life. We're pleased to partner with INHD to present this emerging format to our fans during the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, at one of the most scenic and exciting holes in golf.â€

Played at Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course and Poppy Hills Golf Course, the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am has become one of the most famous golf tournaments in the world. Featuring the top PGA TOUR stars playing with major celebrities from the entertainment and sports worlds such as Kevin Costner, Oscar de la Hoya, Bill Murray, Joe Pesci and Ray Romano, among others, the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am is among the oldest stops on the PGA TOUR, dating back to 1937.

Net proceeds from the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am go to support a wide variety of charitable organizations. To date, the Monterey Peninsula Foundation, which stages the tournament, has made charitable donations totaling $46 million.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
When CBS takes over weekend coverage (7th, 8th) are they just going to ignore all the HD production hardware in place and deliver only 480i (also upconverted to 1080i for DTV)? USA Network has 480i weekday coverage paralleling INHD's 1080i HD delivery. My Time Warner NYC system has fired up a special HD channel for USA/INHD HD sports coverage in the past, but doubt they'll have it Thurs-Fri. -- John

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep only the 7th hole! As sangs mentions though, a pretty amazing hole nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
the commercial they are running for this with the older footage does look amazing.i don`t care for golf but i`ll definitely check it out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:
Bill Murray's participation alone always makes it worth watching.
According to ESPN.com, Bill Murray is not participating this year (conflicts with a shooting schedule). Tom Brady is though!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
WOW!

It looks spectacular.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm really excited to watch this tonight, although I suspect that watching one hole will get old after 3 or 4 hours. :D

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxfire
5 hours of coverage tonight at 9p. Looking forward to catching some of it.
I think tonights broadcast is just a rpeat of the 1:30pm broadcast, not 5 hours of coverage.

Lon

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
I have never in my life watched GOLF before but that all changed today with INHD.It looked fantastic.I mean that picture was spectacular.I think INHD for what ever reason does HD better than anyone else.Content might not be great but they do it the best.Golf INHD was simply incredible.I cannot wait to see Baseball on INHD.for some reason I think it will be better than MSG-HD and FSNY-HD.We'll see? J.H.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Looked great ... but ... after spending 10 minutes discussing what some guy in a kayak may or may not be doing ... I had to turn it off.

Got to see the a Samsung VP caught in the sand though ... guess he's glad there's limited HD archiving ...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I enjoyed the broadcast as well... I only watched from about 9 - 10 PM EST, as the announcers got on my nerves... I really don't like the fact they kept talking about how great HD Technology is and how good it looks... Obviously if you are tuning in to watch just one golf hole with lots of non-action breaks and shots of an empty tee box you already know how good HD is

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.