AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
from what i was told having locals only should get you the inHD channels[i may be wrong]

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Valuepac
I was wondering if im a basic hdtv cable sub (locals only) will i get the InHD channels, or do I have to have digital cable to get theM?
My understanding is that the cheapest digital tier is required which might be called "Digital Classic" in your market.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stonepran
Strange.. I have no 174 channel :(

I have 171 FLIXw

then 173 ESPNHD

then it jumps to:

178 SHOHD

Is this just a Detroit problem ?

Thanks for the help btw.
As of Saturday morning (13th), 174 (INHD1) and 175 (INHD2) were showing up on my cable box. West-siders may have gotten it before east-siders...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kevin j
i have a not authorized message on 174 btw
Kevin, you need to upgrade to a current Comcast Digital package to get iNHD. I had an old package leftover from AT&T and could not receive 174. The channel appeared instantly when they applied a current package to my account.

Mike K.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
9/15 is supposed to be the nationwide rollout of InHD1 & 2 on comcast. Some areas are getting it sooner.

From what I understand, InHD will be added as part of the digital tier requiring you to subscribe to at least their lowest digital package (called "Classic" out here)). That runs about $48/mth + the $5 HDTV box fee, but there's no premium on top of that to get InHd (or any of their other HD channels)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jsb_hburg
My understanding is that the cheapest digital tier is required which might be called "Digital Classic" in your market.
That is correct - Digital Classic will get you INHD, INHD2 and ESPN-HD,

David

·
Registered
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stonepran
Strange.. I have no 174 channel :(

I have 171 FLIXw

then 173 ESPNHD

then it jumps to:

178 SHOHD

Is this just a Detroit problem ?

Thanks for the help btw.
I've had it in Ann Arbor for a couple of days now. You are not missing much, it's just a demo loop now, and the demo one program during primetime (it was women's tennis yesterday).

·
Registered
19,306 Posts
Different regions have different naming/price schemes. Here in the Boston Area, "Digital Classic" is sort of a $5/mo add-on to "Digital Basic".

I have DC and not DB, only because I want BBC America. Otherwise it's pretty limited in what you get.

I guess I'll find out tommorow in what tier INHD is included. I do get ESPN-HD now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.