AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INHD2 is showing more and more lousy movies. I have enough movie channels. This is supposed to be a premium HD channel, not a second-rate movie channel showing upconverted crap. Anybody else PO'd about this? Come on, Comcast --- give us unique programming here please!!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
There's a reason they charge extra for HBO and Showtime.

HDNet Movies isn't so hot, either, but it does have its moments from time to time.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't hate INHD; quite the opposite. I just don't want INHD2 turning into a movie channel running second-rate movies (or ANY movies).

·
Registered
243 Posts
INHD has been spending the last 4 months working on ways to reduce the size of that big piece of crap logo. Don't bother INHD with complaints on programming content while they work on ways to shrink that damn bug.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh. Sorry!

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
Tell you what maxman, why don't you start an HD channel and then you can populate it with any programming you desire! No crappy movies on maxmanHD1, by gawd! Nosireebob! Uh, good luck with that, by the way. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
I happen to like crappy movies! Thank you very much. Rad, North Shore, and Endless Summer II are three of my favorite movies. They have all been on INHD and HDNET in the last year. If you don’t like INHD or HDNET then go watch your “Good†movies in standard definition on your Dish because you can’t get the locals in HD yet!

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
Also, don't forget that INHD2 had "Blade Runner" last month. Sadly, it was cropped (now there's something to get your dander up over, max - HDNet movies did it OAR a couple months earlier, God bless 'em), but still....."Blade Runner" in HD for pete's sake!! I don't think anybody would throw that one into the "crappy movie" category.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanSaysYo
There's a reason they charge extra for HBO and Showtime.
Yes, so they can show movies like Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid, Critters 4, The Garbage Pail Kids Movie, Kazaam, and Son of the Mask (all of which are airing in the next 2 weeks on Showtime and HBO). 85% of what every movie channel shows is awful.

Although you obviously disagree, I think HDNet Movies is by far the best of the HD movie channels. There's a bunch of filler on their schedule, sure, but no one else shows films like Annie Hall, Network, One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest, or Dog Day Afternoon. The premium channels are too focused on the late '80s-forward, and even then they don't air the best of what those decades had to offer.

I don't get InHD2, so I can't comment about the types of movies they show, but I remember reading a post here that they were showing Don't Look Now, one of my all-time favorites and hardly something I'd consider "crappy". They also showed Urgh! A Music War, which isn't available on DVD and something I'd really like to see.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Plus, INHD1 never shows movies so you have that option. Personally, I'd like to see MORE movies on INHD2. And less pre-emptions by sports from Comcast, which caused many in the NJ area to miss the chance of seeing BLADE RUNNER in HD.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman
INHD2 is showing more and more lousy movies. I have enough movie channels. This is supposed to be a premium HD channel, not a second-rate movie channel showing upconverted crap. Anybody else PO'd about this? Come on, Comcast --- give us unique programming here please!!!
Just remember that just because you don't like it it does not mean that everyone does not like the channel. What you think are lousy and second rate may be pure bliss to others.

Personally, I have never watched an HDmovie in INHD/INHD2. But I do enjoy their other material like IMAX , Live Concerts, etc

Some of the movies mentioned in this thread (that have been on INHDs) I have never heard of. I guess it depends when you were born :)

The only one I've heard of is Blade Runner but never had a chance to catch it.

Personally I don't watch a lot of HD movies maybe because there is no content outthere that I would want to watch. Most movies I see are in DVD

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
I don't mind the movies or any of the programs. I just wish there were no (or very few) repeats. Most people have the dvr ... so why repeat the programs endlessly (ofcourse the answer is they don't have enough programms to show 24x7).

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928
Most people do NOT have a DVR, many do. For those that don't, repeats work.
I'm assuming people are getting INHD thr' Comcast. And Comcast HD DVRs are available everywhere for a small monthly fee. Is that not the case ?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
The movies and old TV shows being presented on the HD channels combine for a pathetic effort as far as I'm concerned. So much for them to chose from and so little chosen. I enjoyed Hogan's Hero's, the first couple of times but give me a break. City Hall must have been shown 20 times during the last 2 months. Karen Sisco and the District at least twice a day. Reruns are one thing but give me a break. I love watching movies and old TV shows but a little variety please.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
I happen to like crappy movies! Thank you very much. Rad, North Shore, and Endless Summer II are three of my favorite movies. They have all been on INHD and HDNET in the last year. If you don’t like INHD or HDNET then go watch your “Good†movies in standard definition on your Dish because you can’t get the locals in HD yet!
Me too, especially in HD on a big screen. "Concord" with Robert Wagner (and the "Dyn-O-Mite" guy) is probably my favorite honker. "They Live" is pretty good (bad?) too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.