AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just beginning to build a home theater, and have decided on a Diva 7.1 system with the Denon 3802 Receiver.

My question:

I 'inherited' a Polk PSW-300 sub from my brother (apt dweller) and was wondering wether it was worth the funds to go with PCi sub from svs or the VT-2 from Hsu as an upgrade.

Anyone have experience with the Polk? Worth the outlay of funds for one of the others? Should I hook up a new one AND this one?

The polk is a downfiring 125w sub,

28Hz-125Hz Freq Response (listed)

Thanks in advance... its lots of questions!

Jeff

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had a PSW-300 for about 5 years. I sold it in November and bought a SVS-2039pc and have never looked back. I thought the Polk did a fine job at the time but I had no real point of comparision. I couldn't go back to it now but it did add a little depth to movies- I couldn't stand it for music however. In my opinion if it is free and money is tight then use it until you can get something better. If you are paying much for it there are probably better choices.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting the sub for free, so that is not a concern, but I have money budgeted for VT-2 by HSU.... is it worth $400 for the sub when I have this one? That is the question... Will it make a substantial difference? (99% HT use).

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.