AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Pioneer SD643HD5 last night. I have Video Essentials and understand how to calibrate it with that. My question is about all of the sets filters and which to have on/off. I'm talking about things like their

viewing mode (STD, Ref Theater, User),

color temp

purecinema

tone

SVM

black enhance

flesh tone

3D NR LVL

3DY/C LVL

Thanks for any information or other tips about setting this set up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I use:

color temp: film

purecinema: on

svm: off

black enhance: off

flesh tone: off

3D NR: min

3D Y/C: off

room light sensor: off

Every set is different, so your picture parameters will differ from everyone else's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll play around with it. Does the room light sensor increase contrast or anything else that would be bad for the screen (burn in)? Until I get my windows tinted I get too much glare during the day. The room light sensor level seems to help the pic in the day, but I don't want it on if there's any chance it will be more likely to cause burn in issues.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My observation is that the room light sensor increases the brightness level and to a lesser extent, the contrast. Increasing the brightness won't increase the risk of screen burn, but increasing the contrast will.

My advice: common sense! Increased contrast won't be an issue in the short term if you don't use black or gray bars, or watch a program source with static images: stock tickers, bright logos, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.