AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use WinDVD3.1 and thought I would checkout the latest WinDVD4 offering for possible upgrade. However, I immediately discovered "issues"!

I sent the following questions to [email protected] (via their web form) but have had no answer in over a week now.

So I'll post them here and see if anyone else has had any luck?

1. I can't seem to get WinDVD4 to go fullscreen at startup by default, as I do with WinDVD3.1

2. I can't get the "Lock Aspect Ratio" setting to default to OFF like in WinDVD3.1 Therefore everytime I start WinDVD4 I have to open the extended panel, select video menu option, and turn the lock aspect ratio OFF (pain in the ...).

3. On WinDVD4 the menu video sequence on the first disc I tested ("Space Cowboys PAL Region 4") pauses and drops frames, even though the movie playback appears to be glitch free. This does not occur with WinDVD3.1 on the same system / disc (smooth menu video sequence).

This should not occur on my PII 1Ghz, Radeon VE, with DMA enabled DVD drive etc.!

Any thoughts? I haven't tested any further, as the above makes WinDVD4 a bit of a lemon so far... and the lack of response from InterVideo doesn't impress me either! So much for being a loyal InterVideo customer.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I couldn't get windvd4 to play studder-free & with DD/DTS spdif out... so I used zoom player. This combination seems to work fine :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm currently in contact with some guys at intervideo. Await a refresh-patch early this week.

- The patch will fix the following errors:

1. Settings not memorized

2. SPDIF-Out problems with the SB Live Range of cards

3. Poor video-quality with HMC enabled on Geforce

4. Audio-"Clicks" with Analog-Output

This are the most significant errors that are confirmed via EMail from intervideo. If they encounter some new ones, the patch will be delayed.

The patch will *not* fix the following behaviour:

- DTS-Sound don't mapped to DolbyHeadphone

- DirectSound-Issues (Asynchron sound). But you have the choice to switch back to simple Wave-Out.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FAKEFACTORY,

I have downloaded the new install file (slightly larger than the last one - 9.84MB instead of 9.80MB).

I can now confirm that NONE of my issues above have been resolved by this new version!

I did note however that the menu video stutter only occurs with SPDIF output. On Analog it is nice and smooth. So this seems to also confirm that this issue is SPDIF related.

I am also annoyed that I still can't get the lock aspect ratio to stay OFF, or for the player to go fullscreen on startup.

Plus I have still never received any reply or acknowledgement from Intervideo to my support email.

Time to go and play with PowerDVD 4.0 ???

·
Registered
644 Posts
I thought this was just a different package for the install. I.E. there are no patches in this newer version, just updates to correct some installation issues.

NickB

·
Registered
57 Posts
The newest download does fix the Mute problems when running the M-Audio Delta 410. It will also allow the selction of 7.1 outputs, although I haven't been able to get it to actually output 7.1 without having Prologic II or ICE enabled.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.