AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm volunteering my services as a consultant for a projector/AV system installation at our kids' school. The cable run is about 100'. One proposal includes the TPS150 from Inline Inc. to drive Component, S-video, Composite, RGBHV and RS-232 all over a single standard Cat5 UTP cable:

http://www.inlineinc.com/products/sp...pdf/TPS150.pdf

This looks pretty cool! It has tunable skew compensation and you can even program RS-232 power-on sequences into it.

I just thought forum members might be interested in this; especially if you have a long run from your equipment to projector or can't figure out how to run a cable bundle without tearing the house apart. Also, if anyone can think of any issues with using this in the application I'm looking at, I'd appreciate your sharing them with me. Any picture quality issues? I'm not so concerned about PQ in a school auditorium, but it's an obvious concern if anyone is considering using this in their HT.

One website I found lists the MSRP as $2200.

- Chris

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Chris:

I doubt you will encounter any picture quality issues (assuming this particular model is designed well). I believe that most of these devices do have stated resolution of less than FULL HD but they are still HD capable and should be more than adequate in a typical school application. Please come back and post in this thread and let us know how it turned out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.