AVS Forum banner

Input button on ReplayTV remote

456 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  sfhub
I recently switched from using my ShowStopper remote (whose buttons are very sticky) to a ReplayTV 5xxx remote. I miss the universal capabilities of the SS remote (I now need to use the TV remote to switch inputs between my two DVRs -- this used to work with the TV/VCR button on the SS remote). And I just noticed that the Input button on the newer remote doesn't seem to work to manually select a particular input on my ShowStopper. I need to do this to access the cable box's menu (e.g. to view messages from the cable company).
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmar
I recently switched from using my ShowStopper remote (whose buttons are very sticky) to a ReplayTV 5xxx remote. I miss the universal capabilities of the SS remote (I now need to use the TV remote to switch inputs between my two DVRs -- this used to work with the TV/VCR button on the SS remote). And I just noticed that the Input button on the newer remote doesn't seem to work to manually select a particular input on my ShowStopper. I need to do this to access the cable box's menu (e.g. to view messages from the cable company).
You should get a new Showstopper remote. They are still available. I have them as well. The 5000/5500 remote is a simple remote which does everything a 5000/5500 needs to do plus turn the TV on/off and adjust volume, that's it. The 5000 remote can not control Showstopper inputs. There is some hacking done on the 5000/5500 remote, but I'm not up on all it can control. You might want to ask The Robman or search here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/
See less See more
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmar
If you want a new hobby, read about JP1 on hifi-remote.com/forums

You can basically program the 5xxx remote to handle 9 devices and have any of the buttons send out any IR you desire. You can add a "shift" mode where shift-button sends out different IR than button. You could use this to reprogram the Commercial Advance button to be the old input button.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.