AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trouble finding good reports on the input lag and response time for these 5 Samsung TVs:

UE46D6750

UE46D6570

UE46D6540

UE46D6530

UE46D6500

They are all quite similar and the only differences I have found between the five of them is the design and the D6750 has Micro Dimming.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me how these TVs are for gaming.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20812549

Most people on this Forum say Samsungs are not good for serious gamers. The best are Sharp, Panasonic, LG and Sony.

In general they are not that good, no, but they have some models that are excellent for gaming. I have got a A330 (2008 or 2007 series) which really is perfect for gaming (very low input lag). And some models right now (D-series) are good for gaming.

Problem is that LG TVs have had a lot of problems (in Europe) in the last few years. Sony is known as a strong quality brand (in EU), but is too expensive. Sharp is a generally small brand in Europe and there's not much technical support for it.

Samsung offers the best quality for the least money. Panasonic has excellent plasma sets, but they aren't very bright. I have doubts about their LCDs, but will take a look at them.

I especially like Samsung because they offer a lot of features, like USB recording, Smart TV, webbrowser with flash etc. in comparison to the others.

That's why I want to know what the input lag is for these TVs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What games are you playing?

I have a 46D6420 and with game mode on I have found everything ive tried perfectly playable. (60fps shooters (blackops)/30fps shooters(halo), rpgs, etc)

The only games I own where something felt... off, was Killzone 2 mp which from reading online is actually a known issue with input lag from the game (?)

I will say that with Game Mode off and the AMP effects on, most games will have just enough lag to be annoying, but the tv's still have great color and clarity in game mode.

So while its biased, my vote would be to give them a go, I enjoy gaming on mine.

As far as numbers go, Im pretty sure someone posted around 33ms of input lag in game mode on one of the D series.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleh19 /forum/post/20812895

What games are you playing?

I have a 46D6420 and with game mode on I have found everything ive tried perfectly playable. (60fps shooters (blackops)/30fps shooters(halo), rpgs, etc)

The only games I own where something felt... off, was Killzone 2 mp which from reading online is actually a known issue with input lag from the game (?)

I will say that with Game Mode off and the AMP effects on, most games will have just enough lag to be annoying, but the tv's still have great color and clarity in game mode.

So while its biased, my vote would be to give them a go, I enjoy gaming on mine.

As far as numbers go, Im pretty sure someone posted around 33ms of input lag in game mode on one of the D series.

Thanks, yes I play games which require a quick reaction so that's why I want to know what the input lag is. I think 33 ms is just about do-able, although I would prefer anything below 30.

I will play games anyway in game mode, but I would just feel more comfortable if I knew exact numbers for these TVs.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have noticed pretty big lag with game mode off. It is most noticeable when trying to hit the sweet spot when reloading in Gears of War 2. (that tiny spot where you get a perfect fast reload with damage bonus).

However, with Game mode ENABLED, the difference is huge, and personally i find the reload to be spot on with how it reacted on my Panasonic Plasma. I am sure its worse then the plasma, but I cannot notice it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf4k /forum/post/20813478

I have noticed pretty big lag with game mode off. It is most noticeable when trying to hit the sweet spot when reloading in Gears of War 2. (that tiny spot where you get a perfect fast reload with damage bonus).

However, with Game mode ENABLED, the difference is huge, and personally i find the reload to be spot on with how it reacted on my Panasonic Plasma. I am sure its worse then the plasma, but I cannot notice it.

Do you own one of these TVs? I would really appreciate it if you could somehow test the input lag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.