AVS Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orta /forum/post/16839274

Rock Band is fully automated with a photo-eye on the guitar isn't it? That said, if your AVR has OSD overlay (for instance, it lays a volume bar over your actual source video), then it is very likely adding some not insignificant lag.

Yeah, Rock Band 2 uses an automated calibration with a photo eye in the guitar which is why I figured it would be a good test.

The AVR does not do any on screen display (or if it does, I haven't activated it). It's a Pioneer Elite VSX-03TXH.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kirk_ /forum/post/16835802

I asked a Viera Concierge about this mode and was told that it's just another picture setting - there's no actual input difference in this setting according to the person I chatted with.

I apologise for reviving an old thread but I was told the exact same thing today by a Panasonic engineer. I'm very sensitive to input lag and my experience with the TH-L37G10A suggested otherwise. So I spent the afternoon testing input lag on GAME, CINEMA and DYNAMIC and proved that GAME mode has the least input lag, followed by CINEMA and DYNAMIC (in that order).

Results (Part 1)
Results (Part 2)

81 - 82 of 82 Posts