AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made the leap from a CRT to this HDTV for gaming, but I'm having some problems with it. The input lag is a bit more noticeable than on the CRT, and it's a burden to me. It's still better than, say, an LCD, but it's still bad enough. For example, if I'm playing Call of Duty and I'm trying to hit a guy who's far away, it's hard for me to line up my sights with him cause every stroke of the control stick is slightly delayed. I've never had problems like this on my CRT.

I still have about 20 days to return this. I've turned off all extra processing like mosquito filter, C.A.T.S., etc. but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I want to know if there's any way I can further reduce the input lag, or if there's another TV at a similar price (preferably, a Panasonic 2012 plasma) that will work better for me. I really want to make the leap to HD gaming, but I don't want to have to suffer input lag as a consequence.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
It might help to change the gaming device's output resolution, if that option is available and you haven't done it already.

If the output resolution of your gaming device doesn't exactly match that of the TV (e.g. 1920x1080x60Hz), then some amount of lag is unavoidable, since the display's electronics has to scale the input signal to match the actual resolution of the display panel in the TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts