AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, another input lag thread.
Allow me to apologize up front.

Hi guys, this is my first post here on AVS and I was wondering if I could get some help with my new Samsung LED HDTV. I did some research before this crazy time that is black Friday and decided that it was time to upgrade to a larger TV. The model I bought is the 46" 1080p 120 hz UN46C6300SF.

Anyway, I brought the TV home and started playing some Halo: Reach and instantly noticed the input lag. I have never experienced this personally and am honestly rather ignorant of the subject so I was quite discouraged when I searched for the problem online and found that input lag is a common problem with LCD's.

I've seen a lot of different tips on how to reduce input lag for Samsung LED's but none of them seem to go quite far enough. I understand that a lot of people "trick" the TV into thinking that the input device is a PC instead of a gaming console which helps a lot with the lag, so that was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately, this completely washes out all the color and gives everything an ugly brown look. It also kills the otherwise deep blacks that the TV is capable of producing. I messed around with the settings for quite some time trying to find the perfect balance between minimal input lag and a nice looking display but I wasn't able to get it to a point that made me happy.

The TV looks fantastic using the "Game Mode" feature but the input lag is still quite noticeable (especially for an FPS player such as myself) so I was wondering if anyone else has been able to optimize one of these new Samsungs for a similar situation.

I suppose if there is nothing to be said but bad news I will return the TV and do some more research to find an appropriate "gaming" TV. Thanks a lot for the help guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.