AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a rackmounted Quadscan Pro from AV Science and very pleased with it(and excellent service from AVS). However, I am still struggling to get my head around the effects of input/output size and position in set-up mode and wonder if someone could please explain the best way to use them. I guess the idea is to maximise use of raster on the display device but I am not quite sure if I should alter BOTH input and output after amplitude adjustments on the CRT? or just the ouput? Many thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Paul,

I also just got the Quadscan Pro from AVS. I have a older LCD projector, so the whole scan-rate thing doesn't apply.

I did however use the output position adjustment to move my picture to the center and equalize the amount of pixel cropping.

I used the overcan tests on the Avia disc to do the adjustments.

My projector is old and does not have an adjustment for this, so the Quadscan feature was very handy. :) The projector by default was cropping off 8% on one side and 0% on the other. The top/bottom was also not well matched. The Quadscan really helped.

I left all the input settings alone and also didn't touch the output size control. When I did touch these controls, I got a lot of artifacts and ended up having to issue a mode reset. :(

The Quadscan seems to be a really great piece of equipment. It has really breathed the life back into my old projector.

From what I have read, it is best not to touch the input controls for any device. Anyone else hear that too?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Add me on to the list. I received my QuadScan Pro rack mount from AVS about a week and a half ago.

Overall, I am very pleased with it's performance and for the price they were going for, it was a steal! Last night I finally tried doing the anamorphic squeeze on my NEC PG-9200 (vertical amplitude adjustment) and wow! what a difference in picture quality! I now understand about people talking about achieving a 3D image. I have not done direct A-B comparisons with my HTPC yet, but from memory, the QuadScan is a bit softer of an image. I will now set up the HTPC for a 16:9 image (1280X720) and do a direct A-B comparison. I will say that the pans on the QuadScan are a lot smoother than the (optimized) HTPC though...

From what I have read, you should use the image position/shift and size/amplitude on your projector before even touching the those settings on the QuadScan and if you do use them on the Quad, they should not have to be altered much at all.

Good luck,

Brad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Gentlemen

My problems stemmed from my misunderstading the relationship between the LED output and what was in memory (thus requiring huge changes in screen output!). Thankfully posts here on the forum have pointed me in the right direction and now all is well simply using the CRT amplitude controls.

Thanks

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.