Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To: Reboot, Patrick or anyone who knows,

I'm currently awaiting delivery of the 5002. I would like to know whether the 5002 does all its magic, scaling, 3:2 pull down, line doubling, etc on all inputs or just composite and S Video. I am hoping it does its thing with the component video input too so I can see a better picture with my non-progressive scan DVD player.

Thanks,

AJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Actually, I'm ordering an articulated wall mount from Peerless that will be put together to mate with the 5002. I'm currently dickering with a few places on the cost, if I order it directly from Peerless instead of a dealer I'll be paying at least $100 more!

Your post said there is 3:2 pull down on the component input, does that hold true for the other processing I mentioned in my post? Sorry if that is a dumb question but I'm relatively new to this stuff.

Thanks,

AJ

·
Registered
140 Posts
I will soon be ordering cables to use the component, composite and S-video.

Currently using only the RBGVH and HD-15 connections. Any signal will be processed by the internal scaler short of 1366x768 PC mode or DVI-D. You can disable the video processor in the various modes.

I am very interested in the mount you are ordering. Is this a wall mount, stand or what? I would like to get mine off the floor! Can you post more details?

reboot

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ajlaban
Your post said there is 3:2 pull down on the component input, does that hold true for the other processing I mentioned in my post?
Well, in order to display the image fullscreen, it must scale and deinterlace if appropriate. Remember that plasmas are fixed pixel displays. Is there other magic it does? :)

Alex

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reboot,

Here is the url for the manufacturer:

http://www.peerlessindustries.com/pl...ticulating.htm

It looks like the same unit that GS327 sent a url on. As a matter of fact I think PlasmaExperts is one of the reseller's I'm dealing with. Their price is $500 while Peerless would have to charge me $555.00. It seems to me I've seen this for $455 but I can't find it now.

I know its pricey but its exactly what I want. I'll be able to swivel the screen almost 180 degrees and we will be able to watch the plasma from the dining room table if we wish.

Please note that I've talked with Peerless and this thing can be configured exactly the way you need it. I have metal studs at 24" centers. They can supply 16, 20 and 24" centers for the wall mount and they do have a plate for the Fujitsu 5002. They even have metal stud fasteners (toggle bolts).

Regards,

AJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alexander and Reboot,

Thanks for the response to my processing question. I'm happy!

Regards,

AJ

·
Registered
604 Posts
Have you seen one of these installed????

I have and trust me, they do some serious damage to your walls. In addition, the installer I know insists upon lagging thru to the opposite wall.

The amount of weight exerted when then thing is extended is massive.

Do not trivialize the mounting. I'm not saying you are taking it lightly, I am just insisting the use of the articulated arm is quite a serious piece of installation.

Good luck! I /still/ await the tabletop mount due to my inability to know with certainty where the unit will ultimately reside.

regards,

patrick

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is there a Fujitsu 5002 user manual in PDF format available on-line?

(I understand that the Tech manual is still awaiting translation....perhaps Dr. Urushi has some spare time?)

/eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Erehem,

I've checked every search result for the 5002 and have not encountered a pdf manual. If anyone else has located one, please let us know.

My 5002 has cleared customs in California and is now on its way to the distributor in Cleveland. The installer says we're looking at next week or the week after for the install. I'm excited!

I have the articulated wall mount and the carpenter dropped off a strong 3/4" wooden plate and six 5/16" mounting bolts, nuts and lock washers so we can mount the arm completely through the wall and onto the plate. The plate, in turn, will be anchored into a metal stud with 3 special metal stud fastener toggle bolts from the other side. Luck would have it that a large picture on the other side of the wall will hide the plate. The mount and Plasma are not going anywhere unless they pull down the entire wall! and the carpenter assures me that will not happen. So you see, Patrick, I'm taking this very seriously. Have to, the mounting arm itself is a monster!

Regards,

AJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.