AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a panny px500 plasma and can't get the correct video to come up for example:

To watch PVR it's on |component 1", to watch DVD thru my HTPC it's on "PC" . On the original remotre for the TV you have to hit the TV/video button and a list of Inputs come up and scroll to the one you desire. I tried to set the Harmony remote to just go to the specific input but it always ends up on the wrong one. Is there any way to set a macro so it goes to the right one?

Sorry if it's confusing, sort of hard to explain.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
It's difficult, but possible. My Projector is the same way. You have to hit the video select once, just to bring up the current source, then again and again to get to move to the right source.

You can edit the command to move to the source by selecting 'more commands' and add additional video select commands to scroll through.

Also, it helps if there is an event that will set the input to a known source. For example, does power on always set the source to input 1, or does it leave it where it was last. If it sets it to input 1, then you can do a power on command, then multiple video select until you get to the right one.

Robert

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought of that too, but the tv always always stays to what you have it on, I've cancle every input on the tv except for component 1, HDMI, and TV (which you can't skip) from there I tried to set up micro like: TV/Video; Up 1, Up 1. but it always gets messed up after a few times of switching.

Let me know if you can think of anything, It's frustrating as hell to figure it. Also if it makes any difference I just ordered the MX-850 for hope that might be able to fix the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
928 Posts
Have you tried calling tech support? They should be able to sort it out for you.

I'd say you would have even less chance of getting it to work with an MX-850. If the TV doesn't have discretes the MX will be totally lost.

·
Registered
497 Posts
TinyTool,

The Harmony has discrete codes for that TV or at least the TH42PX50U.

I have programmed it to go the inputs discretely. There is no need to set a reference.

BTW, w/ that TV you can hit input and then the #4, for example, to get to your HDMI input as a longer delay alternative.

You can always go back using the software and redo your "activity setup."

If you are having software troubles I could set up the initial Remote programming for you as long as you provide me w/ the hardware and the manner in which it was connected.

Best,

Adil

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilM
TinyTool,

The Harmony has discrete codes for that TV or at least the TH42PX50U.

I have programmed it to go the inputs discretely. There is no need to set a reference.

BTW, w/ that TV you can hit input and then the #4, for example, to get to your HDMI input as a longer delay alternative.

You can always go back using the software and redo your "activity setup."

If you are having software troubles I could set up the initial Remote programming for you as long as you provide me w/ the hardware and the manner in which it was connected.

Best,

Adil
I didn't even think of being able to press the number for the selection!!!! I'm going to wait till my mx-850 gets here then I can program it that way. I appreciate your help and your offer.

I was able to use the harmoy set up for turning the TV on and off with whatever I was trying to play I just wasn't able to go to a specific video input but that problem will soon be solved

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.