Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rather odd setup:

As source material, I have a DVD player, a PC with Radeon All-in-Wonder 8500 card, a TIVO, (and I own a VGA->cmpnnt converter box from another company), and soon a Dish system.

I have in-wall cables for: Component, VGA, RGB. If it ain't in the wall, it cannot get to the projector.

My projector is a Sony HS10. Inputs are some form of DVI, component, SVGA, and pj-multi (which can be driven by a component->pj-multi adapter; strange, though, 'cause the projector itself also has component).

Reminiscent of the tower of babylon. What to hook up to what?

Q: Is the component input the superior choice for everything? If so, I can use the native component input and connect to either my Radeon or my DVD player. Most of my problems are solved.

Q: Is the DVI adapter better than compnent? If so, given that I only have a VGA cable laid, is there a VGA->DVI plus a DVI->VGA adapter that I could/should use on either end of my VGA cable?

Q: Is the SVGA input acceptable for a rare source input (e.g., ordinary NTSC TV via TIVO), or does it need to be totally avoided?

Q: Is there any quality advantage to the pj-multi adapter?

The projector itself is not yet installed, but I have displayed from it onto an ordinary wall once, and it looked rather impressive. I could not notice scaling artifacts, blockiness, etc.

help appreciated. /iaw

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Component input works great (as long as you're not using the multi cable). I haven't tried DVI, but I'd imagine DVI out of an HTPC would be ideal. Haven't tried S-Video either because I haven't needed to go anything but component so far. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.