AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys handle vibrations and plasmas sets.... Can vibrations from multiple sub setups harm in any way plasmas? I am getting ready to purchase a plasma and one of my concerns was that.Right now my RPTV screen vibrates like hell.... when my subs are going at it....

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Wall mounting or stand mounting? If stand mounting be sure to try to decouple the stand from the TV as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on guys..throw me a bone....

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about that. A TV is vented on the back side, so any pressure change is between the room and the inside of the plasma cells. The glass is going to have its greatest structural strength at that level.

That said, I've got to throw my experience out there. I wouldn't buy plasma again. I had a 2 year old Toshiba plasma fry itself recently. PDP shorted, took Y-ctrl and Y-sus boards with it. I always knew that high-curent plasma would not be as robust as low-current LCD, but I was figuring WAY down the road. The TV tech was telling me that over 90% of his business was plasma, and the average age for baking itself was 3 years.
So be warned. Plasmas may best be considered disposable items. Multi-thousand $ disposable items...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Element /forum/post/16947334

I wouldn't worry too much about that. A TV is vented on the back side, so any pressure change is between the room and the inside of the plasma cells. The glass is going to have its greatest structural strength at that level.

That said, I've got to throw my experience out there. I wouldn't buy plasma again. I had a 2 year old Toshiba plasma fry itself recently. PDP shorted, took Y-ctrl and Y-sus boards with it. I always knew that high-curent plasma would not be as robust as low-current LCD, but I was figuring WAY down the road. The TV tech was telling me that over 90% of his business was plasma, and the average age for baking itself was 3 years.
So be warned. Plasmas may best be considered disposable items. Multi-thousand $ disposable items...

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about a brief air pressure change from bass. It shouldn't affect the set at all. My only problem is trying to keep my AE900 projector in my theater to stay at a certain zoom when the bass hits. Every bass hit I need to rezoom the projector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts