AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insane Asylum Inspires Lovecraft and Batman Then Becomes A Residential Community

Quote:
This is Danvers State Insane Asylum, the inspiration for H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham Sanitarium "which in turn was the inspiration for Arkham Asylum in the Batman comic book series." Today, the building is part of Avalon Danvers, a pleasant residential community.
http://gizmodo.com/5484241/insane-as...tial-community

·
Registered
160 Posts
Saw that on io9 this morning, was thinking I may take a drive through next time I am up that way, pretty close to it now.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham Sanitarium "which in turn was the inspiration for Arkham Asylum in the Batman comic book series

Ah . . . that explains where the name came from for the Batman series.

Never read much H.P Lovecraft

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBurn /forum/post/18242593

Saw that on io9 this morning, was thinking I may take a drive through next time I am up that way, pretty close to it now.

Stop in and say "hello."

I'm in room# 258.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/18242867

Session 9 was filmed there. Very good movie!

larry

as soon as I saw the picture I thought it looked like Session 9, Thanks for confirming it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
My older brother used to work there when it was still an asylum. He's got a few ghost stories of his time there. Little wonder also that Session 9 is in his DVD library...

·
Registered
4,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineWalker /forum/post/18250959

My older brother used to work there when it was still an asylum. He's got a few ghost stories of his time there. Little wonder also that Session 9 is in his DVD library...

that would be creepy...

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Didn't care for Session 9 whatsoever, but the building was certainly intriguing and creepy.. had more character than the film itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts