AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post.

Can anyone suggest a safe product or method to kill spiders and other insects before they get up into the optics of a self contained rear-screen CRT projector? I have a 61A60, 61" Toshiba and every once in a while I am horrified to see a spider crawling up the inside of the screen or a house fly. I live out in the country where insects are more of a problem. I was thinking of putting some chemical bug killer like a Shell Vapona Strip inside the bottom of the projector by the circuits but am concerned that the vapors will deposit a hazy film on the screen, flat mirror and lenses over time.

Thanx for any ideas.

Rob

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Just keep a shotgun handy fer them varmints.

Spray raid or similar;on the floor/carpet around the outside of the set. Repeat every 5 weeks.--For the guys inside? A vacuum cleaner. Spray just a touch of raid into the hose--before you turn it off. Geo

· AVS Forum Special Member
11,153 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Check before spraying. Years ago I noticed what appeared to be a spider on my screen, then reasoned it must be at the TV studio. Called the NY Times just to suggest some reporting, they confirmed it was a network 'bug', and a while later the Reader's Digest picked up the short Times writeup. Quite a few folks had sprayed their sets in alarm. BTW, there's a current insecticide commercial that deliberately makes it appear as though cockroaches are crawling over your screen for several seconds before cluing you in. -- John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.