AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inside Danny Bonaduce's $4.2M Hollywood Home

By Jason Knott
Star of classic TV show "The Partridge Family" has a low-tech dedicated home theater and questionable flat panel placement.

Where can you watch reruns of The Partridge Family in style? In Danny Bonaduce's Hollywood-area home, of course!

The child star from the classic 1970s TV show, now a famous disc jockey, has listed his Spanish-style home in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles for $4.2 million.

According to the L.A. Times, the 1926 four-bedroom, six-bathroom home is new restored.

The 8-seat dedicated theater in the home isn't exactly lavish. The small projector sits in the money seat at armrest level in the front row of the theater. There are freestanding tower speakers that act as the front left and from right speakers, as well as the rear surrounds. The subwoofer is placed conspicuously in front of the screen.

The age of the home surely has something to do with the theater design. An old Spanish-style home like that probably has thick masonry walls that would have made installation of in-walls or in-ceilings difficult or costly. Likewise, for a drop-down projector. That concrete construction is also the likely reason the acoustical treatments in the room are simply hidden with red curtains.

Click here for photos.

Click here for story.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Can't say I learned much from this article, except that $4.2M just doesn't buy what it used to.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
whoa! why is the screen on that wall? I would have made that the back of the theater! The rear wall is clear of obstruction, so it seems, so full front channels on the floor would have worked well with the screen in the middle of that. Keep the stairways at the back of the room!

Based on these pictures (can't tell what's behind the curtains) I would have just made new walls in the room. Put studs up, drywall, ran everything behind it. Could even do in-walls...heck could have built the screen out from the wall and put speakers behind it if the room was the other way around.

Terrible, terrible, terrible...maybe he did it himself...?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Money doesn't buy you good taste.

·
Registered
17,379 Posts
God bless you, Danny and good luck getting that 4.2 mil. In my neck of the woods, you'd be laughed out of town ..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmm...I like the red wall curtains, don't like the gaps between the front curtains or the top part of the screen curtains...that curtain curve on the left side really doesn't help. I just ordered 16 panels of velvet burgundy to cover my FUGLY glossy white basement walls in my new HD20 138" diagonal setup. I'll post pics latter this month so I can join ol' Danny in shame

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I just can't comprehend why CePro posted Danny's theater.

I so want to flip the room end for end. And build a riser screwed together, at the entry end of the room, so the room could be converted back easily. The mains could be dragged off the walls, the center channel properly located and the whole room dramatically improved at minimal expense.

I like the red curtains too, once the orange tile gets carpetted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts