AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many channels are you getting in HD? They told me I'll get HBO HD(because I already have the package) and they'll be coming out with more channels (ESPN HD et. al.) later this spring or early summer. Are you getting any local channels HD? I have friends that can get ABC HD over the air, but they never mentioned anything about pushing that through. If I could get it over the air, shouldn't they be pushing it through to me?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I currently get Showtime HD and CBS. I know Louisville is getting ABC instead of CBS. I called Insight last week and they said ESPN HD will be added next real soon. They are working on ABC I guess they must have some kind of contract that they must be in agreement on before they can distribute local stations

·
Registered
568 Posts
Like mikeking said, we get WHAS/ABC and Showtime, in addition to HBO and the 4 KET's (our multicast PBS), with downgraded HD on KET4 when it is available.. 2 weeks ago WLKY/CBS was added.

For some reason, we also have the analog Gameshow Network passed through on the HD box..

Channel 770 was recently added for the USA HD Masters coverage today and tomorrow.

A couple weeks ago they called with a survey about a proposed HD Teir containing ESPN-HD and 3 other channels for 9.99. About a month ago, one of the VP's annouced they would launch the teir within 90 days.. so somewhere in the next two months it should be available. I'm guessing it's ESPN-HD, Discovery-HD, HDnet and HDnet Movies.. but it could be HBO and Showtime instead of HDnet.

They have stated they are working on getting WAVE/NBC and WDRB/FOX. But they must have an agreement with that station before they start carrying the signal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.