AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the northern Kentucky area (Crestview Hills) and just go the Motorola 6412 HD DVR with the HDMI output. I'd like to archive HD content via firewire to a JVC D-VHS deck, but before I buy one I wanted to see whether anyone in the area can confirm that the 6412's firewire outputs are active and that the copy protection isn't set improperly to limit recording to 480i.

If anybody can give me any info, I'd appreciate it. The Insight customer service rep assured me that the firewire is active, but the tech that brought the box to my house didn't know anything about firewire, so I'm skeptical. I'd hate to spend the money on a D-VHS deck only to find out that I can't do what I want.

Thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi Stacy-

I also live in N KY but only use Insight for broadband. However you might want to ask on the Cincinnati HDTV thread here on AVS. It's a nice friendly thread with some smart and helpful folks.

Cincinnati Area HDTV thread

peace . . .

tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Huff
I'm in the northern Kentucky area (Crestview Hills) and just go the Motorola 6412 HD DVR with the HDMI output. I'd like to archive HD content via firewire to a JVC D-VHS deck, but before I buy one I wanted to see whether anyone in the area can confirm that the 6412's firewire outputs are active and that the copy protection isn't set improperly to limit recording to 480i.

If anybody can give me any info, I'd appreciate it. The Insight customer service rep assured me that the firewire is active, but the tech that brought the box to my house didn't know anything about firewire, so I'm skeptical. I'd hate to spend the money on a D-VHS deck only to find out that I can't do what I want.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Stacy do you have the box in your possesion?? do you have a pc with firewire input, if so try it out on the pc, you won't be able to record because of 5c but it should recognize it if it is active, or I may be off base?? someone help Stacy out, as I have no experience with cable boxes

-Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
Gary/Stacy, I've got the 6412 and yes, the Firewire is active and records to my JVC DVHS and to my laptop's hard drive via 1394 in native 1080i/720p.

What do you use to capture the native using 1394?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stacy

I have a 6208 and a 6412 in N. KY (Taylor Mill).

I have recorded off of the 6208 to a pc and to a JVC DVHS (30k). They send the signal through fine in 1080i/720p etc. whatever the show it at. I would assume the 6412 would do the same as the 6208 however I haven't had a chance to test the 6412.

PM me if you have any more questions. I might be able to try the 6412 to my JVC if I get any free time this week. (2 year old keeps me busy!)

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.