AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am having a problem with the picture quality on my tv. the picture color is whacked and ive tried all settings including resetting back to factory defaults.. i went to best buy and they said one of the boards must be gone, can someone recommend which board to change and where i can get part.. i will post pictures to show what the display looks like. thank you

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
What input are you using? is it the same on all inputs ? It almost like the component inputs (if that's what you are using) may be plugged in the wrong way . Try swapping the RGB cables around to match the picture below on both devices .

Since you are using a DVD input I suspect that may be the case .

They must be plugged in to each device and exactly match on both the player and the TV

to distribute chroma and color signals to the correct ports otherwise your picture will look something like it does now .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i have tried multiple different combinations for the cables and the picture is still the same. i aslo have tried diifferent inputs, cable box, dvd player etc and nothing helps...  could it be one of the internal components or internal boards. if so, which one could it be, i have taken the back panel off and there looks to be a few different boards... kindly advise.. thank you

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
My guess is a main board ( TV board/video board / tuner board ) what is the model # ?

Your Chroma (color info ) is faulty the main board processes that .

Guaranteed replacement boards are sometimes cheap on E bay.

Could be faulty I.C . or oscillator on the board even a bad solder connection .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts