AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum and wondered if anybody has had a similar issue with their Insignia AV Receiver model NS-R5101AHD-A? I thought that this receiver was going to work very well for me and met all my needs at the right price (I've even set up the wireless rear surround sound speakers and they work great), but I've recently run into an issue with my cable box. The cable box is a Comcast DCX3400/A385/000/320 model and my TV is a Phillips 50" Plasma 50PF9630A/37 model. I have the cable box, my blu-ray player and my computer all hooked to the receiver via HDMI cables and then from the receiver to the TV via an HDMI cable. Everything seemed to be working just fine for about three weeks, audio and video were very nice but when I attempted to rent an HD movie from Comcast, I got a green screen on my TV that I could not get to go away until I powered everything off and disconnected the HDMI cable from the cable box to the receiver for a period of time and then reconnected and powered back up. Everything worked again with the exception of ordering an HD movie, again the green screen. I then attempted to run the HDMI cable directly to the TV, bypassing the receiver and ordered an HD movie and had no issues so there must be something within the receiver that is not handing the HDMI signal properly from the cable box only when an HD movie is ordered. I am able to order non-HD movies from the cable box while everything is running through the receiver AND my HD channels (ESPNHD) for instance have no problems either when run through the receiver. Has anybody had any problems like this? Insignia technician said that the only thing that he could think of was that maybe the cable box was sending an HDCP signal that was throwing the receiver off but when I told him that I was playing blu-ray through the receiver without any problems, he said that an HDCP signal shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the same receiver but run a Pace cable box from Mediacom (similar in equipment and software used to Comcast) and I don't have any problems with HD OnDemand stuff.

It's probably a bad issue with your receiver. I would just take it back. Best Buy will probably just exchange it for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts