AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at a 42" toshiba, but now it's between these two sets.

insignia 42" 1080P:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1194052334530

dynex 42" 1080P:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1201306784758

or, i could drop down to their 720p counterparts and save about 150 dollars.

i'm so tired of researching this. i just want a decent size set that has a pretty good picture. (please don't tell me to go bigger or to spring for a better set. i just want a cheap one that will do a pretty good job. i prefer to spend money on cars, not TVs. btw, i mean no offense. to each their own.)

my viewing distance is 8.5 feet. primary uses will be- watching DVD movies (some blu ray), ps3, and watching sports in HD. please, for the love of god, tell me which one to go with. at this point, i'll do whatever you suggest. seriously.

btw, i have a truck so i could try out all four. but damn, that would take a lot of time. please don't make me resort to this tactic. lol.

thanks in advance.

this could be of some help to someone- both of these sets are available at best buy for 699 bucks. the only difference i can tell from the website is that the insignia has 3 HDMI ports versus the dynex's 2. oh, and the dynex weighs 33 pounds more. wtf?

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
No Vizio, Olevia or Westinghouse, even?

I'm all for the cheap brands, but I would see what Vizio had to offer if I were you.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If you're not picky, either one will be fine. My daughter has a 37" 720p Dynex, and it looks good except for black level isn't great. She loves it though, and that's what matters.

Art

·
Registered
82 Posts
As someone who started with Vizio and ended with a Samsung, don't take the cheap way out. Get the best deal on a name brand that you can, or don't get anything at all.

·
Registered
15,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan /forum/post/15573049

Neither. You could buy a TH-42PX80U for $700. Those TVs are junk.

Ditto! This post says it all. For just a little more, you can get a much better display.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynapalm /forum/post/15573098

As someone who started with Vizio and ended with a Samsung, don't take the cheap way out. Get the best deal on a name brand that you can, or don't get anything at all.

alright, elitist. it just so happens that i picked up the insignia last night. i think it's fine. some slight jitter every now and then due to the 60hz, but that's it. it's just tv, guy.

edit:

to everyone else, thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning /forum/post/15578209

alright, elitist. it just so happens that i picked up the insignia last night. i think it's fine. some slight jitter every now and then due to the 60hz, but that's it. it's just tv, guy.

edit:

to everyone else, thanks for the responses.

Not trying to be an elitist...just trying to save you the grief I went through from buying crackerjack tvs.

·
Registered
15,999 Posts
If you don't care about the quality of the display (PQ and reliability), then why post? And if you do, then why ignore requested comments. We're not elitists, we're just trying to provide advice that you requested. Yes, Insignia will provide decent PQ, but you can own better (better black levels with less jitter) for just a little more. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
922 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts