AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

Considering my first PJ purchase and have been measuring to see if its going to work. Will be buying a Panny AX100U. My room is 20' deep and at least 40 feet wide. Not a problem there.

My concerns are two fold -

1) 7 foot 8 inch ceilings (prefinished/drywalled ceiling)

2) An 11 1/2 inch tall drywall wrapped support beam (9 inches in width) that is 30 inches out from the wall I want to project onto.

I was hoping for at least a 110 inch diag image and seating at 14 feet.

According to PJ Centrals calculators, my throw is anywhere between 11 feet and 22 feet (although I only have 20 feet to play with).

I guess this comes down to the offset issue I keep reading about. I'm concerned that I won't be able to shoot under this beam and still keep the image at a decent height off the floor. Am I just in a situation where I'm going to need to buy the thing and just see ? Any thoughts from those more experienced ? thanks much...

· Registered
1 Posts
I can't comment directly on the geometry of your room, but it's pretty close to my home setup. The lens shift seems to be very flexible in mine. I think it's worth a shot for you. I didn't even need a screen; image looks great right on (off-white) paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.