AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My room is 15x25 with 8 ft wall rising to 12 ft cathedral ceiling. I plan to buy a HD2 DLP projector and prefer ceiling mount if possible. Since this is a high ceiling, would ceiling install make sense in term of look besides running many wires to the projectors? I am thinking to drop ceiling down by using suspened ceiling panel, but this will be big $ project. Has anyone installed your projector dropped down from high ceiling? How does it look? What is recommendation for running wires? I have a ceiling fan and plan to remove it and use existing wire as the electrical outlet. Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
The key thing is your pj mount. I have the 12 ft ceiling height - non catheral style just a flat tall ceiling, and my Sony PJ mates with the Chief multi adjustable axis mount. The mount has a 2" threaded opening which been screwed into a 6 ft long 2" diameter steel pipe (get it from HD w/ free cut and threads make on both ends). The pipe then mount to a steel flange that locates in the attic (accessible to the attic is a must). The PJ height dimension which must align exactly to the screen top position can be adjusted using the pipe thread, down to fraction of an inch. Both pwr and video wires are running inside the pipe. Since it painted in flat black so it blends very well into the background. Hope this help!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My ceiling has no attic, so I need to find a way to run many wired without being seen. This will be big challenge! Do you know any thing out these that can hide those big wires?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.