AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The installer I'm using is highly recommended from the company that did all the structured wiring in my new house, and I will assume he'll know what he's doing, but I'd still like to know what is the best way to mount the dish and what I should definitely stay away from. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you have.

Thanks, Todd

·
Registered
828 Posts
i have installed 100's the secret is try to use the least amount of cable run if you can and if you have no obstructions mount it on the back wall not to high because you don't have go to over trees or buildings and so on..... so it is pretty easy to hook up just make sure the installer doe's a clean job ;)

cheers

ps make sure he grounds the dish>

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joe,

It really should be an easy job. The house is fully wired with four RG-6 connectors at two locations that will be hooked up, and two RG-6 everywhere else. I just have to figure out the best place for ther dish where the four wires off the 20"dish get into the attic where there are four leads that connect to the dish and end up in the master bedroom closet where the multiswitch will go. I think I'm ready, just wanted to know if there's anything I might be missing.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
828 Posts
you will have 2 connections from the dish ,each connection will have to be split 2+2 inside so you will have 2 RG-6 cables running into the house only then running into the amplified splitter in the Attic "correct" and then run your other 2 rg6 cables from the splitter inside your attic.

just find a position that will use the least amount of rg6 to enter the home and then like i said just make sure it is grounded

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.