AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I just installed the chaintech sound card and downloaded and installed the 1.43d drivers and after rebooting I don't see any Envy icon on the task bar. What am I missing? Was I supposed to install any application? I only installed the w2k driver from the drivers folder and nothing else. I have been reinstalling this thing over and over for the last 2 hrs. but no icon on the taskbar. How do I configure it if I can't find the icon launch the Via Vinyl Audio Deck.

Later found an Icon labeled EnMixCPL in a folder called CPL and launched it to get an icon and then control panel to get audio deck. But this audio deck I only has 2, 4 & 6 channels not 8. I guess this is not the right control panel??

Third, since I haven't received my optical cable yet and planning to connect my Altec speakers to the line out anyway, so I connected my speakers to line out on the Chaintech and the opened winamp 5.09 hit play and a crappy sound coming out from the card itself not through the speakers, whf? What I am doing wrong here? Have been at it since 3 PM and I am really losing my nerve.

I thought it was as simple as :

Chaintech audio card optical out -----> HT Receiver optical in---->

Main front HT/stereo speakers.

Chaintech audio card 3.5 mm stereo plug out----> Altec Computer speakers. So that when receiver is turned off I get sound from my Altec speakers or do I need to do a a few clicks to switch between the two. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after playing around a bit more I was able to get sound with Foobar2000 because it gives an option to choose the sound output device . The rest of media players do not output sound at all as I don't know how to make the Chaintech the default card in w2k. Do i need to do anything to disable the onboard sound card? I thought PCI sound card take precedence over onboard sound.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Isn't there a "sound devices" or something similar in the Control Panel? You should be able to set the default sound card there. Also, the drivers from the CD don't seem to install the AudioDock. I would recommend downloading new drivers from VIA.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbaldwin
Isn't there a "sound devices" or something similar in the Control Panel? You should be able to set the default sound card there. Also, the drivers from the CD don't seem to install the AudioDock. I would recommend downloading new drivers from VIA.
I installed the Envy24 drivers from the get go albeit it is the old Ver 1.43 because i read this version has the least amount of problems. I did choose Envy24 as the preferred device in Sounds and multimedia Properties but no go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.