AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi ErickG,

I can't remember where the towers are in Balto, but you might want to make sure you are pointed to the NBC tower to pick it up.

Revisit antennaweb.org to see where the towers are with respect to your location and make adjustments to your antenna as necessary.

Thanks,

Errol

------------------
Keohi HDTV

Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,168 Posts
If you are in Baltimore and receiving ABC and CBS, but no NBC, it could be that you need to do a new channel search. In Baltimore, ABC and CBS use PSIP to renumber the stations while NBC (WBAL-DT) doesn't. Try tuning directly to WBAL-DT by inputting 59-1. Also, you should be able to get WBFF-DT on 46-1. All of these station broadcast from TV Hill, so if you can get one of them, they ought to all be coming in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im still getting used to this DST-3000

currently my ABC HD is 2-1 and CBS HD is 13-1 NBC HD is 11-1

i get nothing but a black screen on 11-1

if anybody has any suggestion if your using a DST-3000

please let me know..

thanks

Erick

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,168 Posts
Try manually tuning in WBAL (channel 11 NTSC) as 59-1. WBAL-DT broadcasts on 59-1 and I don't believe they do the PSIP thing yet, so your receiver would not know to pick them up as 11-1.

·
Registered
979 Posts
FYI, the 6000 box sees WBAL-DT on 59-2 vs. 59-1. It detects that 59-1 is a valid subchannel, but there is no active content. Different STBs seem to interpret subchannels in various ways, with or without PSIP.

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Erick... I am in a similar bind right now. I recently got the DST-3000 and was able to receive all local channels except CBS (WCCO). The CBS feed is on the same tower as NBC and I was able to get NBC but not CBS. I thought it was the Toshiba for a while until someone suggested using regular old rabbit ears to see if I could pick up CBS (I am using a Radio Shack antenna in my attic). Sure, enough I was able to get CBS. So right now I am switching between antenna and rabbit ears until the antenna installer comes back.

Since you got NBC before, I would assume it's the antenna. Do what I did and try the rabbit ears to take the Toshiba out of the equation of pontential problems.

[This message has been edited by Pete M (edited 10-10-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.