AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who've not been reading every word here, as I haven't, here is a quick redux of my Sat C experience. I apologize in advance, for I'm sure everything I'm about to write is covered in the innumerable threads that are extant.

Got my Sat C from DTV for 8 bucks shipping in exchange for switching from HBO/Starz to HBO/Showtime. No change in monthly sub, and kids are only pouting a little bit about missing Starz. The kit is straightforward, but I had to supply my own RG-6 from the 110 LNB to the multi-switch, which is located inside the house near the DTC-100. The whole installation took less than an hour, including finding the ladder, all tools, making coax assembly, threading through the LNB arm, etc. etc.

When I turned on the sets, I tho't I'd screwed something up. Back to the internet and researched a few threads to find that the DTC-100 has to be activated by menu for the third LNB. Nothing about this in the literature that accompanies the LNB. Went into menu-assistance-dish pointing-dish- and selected "three lnbs". The channel blinked black and came back with 543 and 90 just fine.

If the sat dish is optimized between 101 and 119, there should be no need to re-orient it at all. I get sigs in the eighties on both 101 and 119, and 110 comes in fine. I worried when I examined the dish LNB install, because it appears that Sat C LNB is tipped up somewhat in focus from the others. Apparently it was designed this way, I guess, to correctly focus that LNB in the center of the oval dish. The other two are in the same plane with each other, which, in retrospect, makes sense I guess.

Sorry to hear so many people are having difficulty with this install. I'd suggest checking cabling for errors, first. It's easy to have a shorted coax feed. With so many different receivers out there, it's certain that menu settings are causing some problems too.

Anyway, even tho' I said I'd not cross the street to get Showtime, I must admit I'm glad to be receiving 110 for future programming, and the movie that's on right now, Love Field, looks as good as the HBO HD stuff I get.

Now if I could only get my OTA setup working better!

John in VA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.