AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good satellite installer/repair person who can handle high ladder work repointing my 18" dish for ExpressVU from Nimiq 1 to Nimiq 2 for HDTV.

If anyone has any recommendations in Ventura county or SoCal, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
You will probably find that an 18" dish will not be adequate here in Ca. - especially the LA area.

Here in the Bay Area, it takes our 24" dish pointed at 82 to give the same sig. reading that an 18" gives pointed at 91. (Readings from about 80-85.)

What I (and a few others on this forum have done) is to leave the 18" at 91 and add a separate dish and connect them thru a SW 21 switch to the 6000 recvr.

Why give up the offerings on 91?

I have done my own installs. (D* and BEV.) Any installer who can deal w. DISH hardware would be able to handle BEV since it is identical.

Just find a DISH installer. You may have to order a 24" dish yourself online (about $40 as i recall) since they aren't std. items. I couldn't find one anywhere around here after making several calls.

...mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used Satellite City in Woodland Hills to move my Directv and Star Choice dishes up to the top of my chimney last month. The installer told me that he has done many ExpressVu dishes (although he told me that mine was the first Star Choice he had done). They are pricey, but they know what they are doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.