AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all those good comments on the Radeon card I decided to give it a try. I just bought a Radeon 7200 (only one available at the store near by).

One of the reason I give it a try is because it's seem my existing Geforce 2MX card is having some conflict. Nothing that stop me from watching a DVD but I found it a little bit annoying.

I don't want to do a clean OS install. I will like to erase all the display drivers I have and reinstall my ati card after.

Anybody know how I should do that? By the way my HTPC doesn't have access to the internet.

Which driver, bios upgrade, tweak should I know about?

Any help will be appreciated.

Bruno

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
1) switch your display drivers to PCI VGA (go into display properties in control panel).

2) Reboot when asked to activate VGA drivers.

3) Remove Nvidia drivers by using Add/Remove Program in Control panel

4) Regedit and search for anything Nvidia and delete them.

5) File search anything NV* and delete these files (don't empty trash until upgrade worked)

6) Turn off PC and open case.

7) Swap AGP Geforce for Radeon

8) Turn PC back on and it should still work using VGA drivers

9) If plug and pray ask to install drivers--say no.

10) Install new drivers with CD that came with card.

11) Reboot and hopefully all is well (empty trash can) :)

These instructions should work for any video card swapping. Be ready for instability of ATI drivers but beautiful imaging :)

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You save my life. Everything worked like a charme. Not I just need to find out how I can let the ATI player let me do 5.1 via my s/pdif out. I will do some research.

Thank you.

Bruno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.