AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The la-z-boy sofa with recliners do not have legs but metal beams on all sides. Their is a wood plate that supports the middle non reclining seat of the sofa which would be perfect to mout the buttkicker too, however would would be the best way to isolate the sofa from the floor. Could I use the same rubber mats that one uses for washing machines and dryers or should I build a platform and use rubber feet that come with the buttkicker kits?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I know someone that had the exact same scenerio as you. He ordered extra isolators and just superglued them on the rails one on each corner and in the middle of the front and back rails. Never had issues with them moving around or comming off doing it this way. And yes the center is a good spot to mount the buttkicker shakes all the seats evenly, good luck.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T.MIKE /forum/post/18234733

I know someone that had the exact same scenerio as you. He ordered extra isolators and just superglued them on the rails one on each corner and in the middle of the front and back rails. Never had issues with them moving around or comming off doing it this way. And yes the center is a good spot to mount the buttkicker shakes all the seats evenly, good luck.

Thanks, I actually ordered 6 of those 220lb rated rubber isolator feet. I was thinking of just building a frame out of 2"x6"s and screwing the rails of the sofa to that and then screwing the isolator feet under the 2"x6"s. Gluing the feet directly to the chair would be a lot easier...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmst3 /forum/post/18235261

Check the shakers sticky thread at the top of the page as well.

Thanks read of some of it and ran a few searches in the thread but didn't find a quick answer. I'll keep reading.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up a new sofa with recliners on each side but none in the middle. I put on the five isolators that came with the couch kit and then used the mount itself as my sixth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts