AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally decided to go the HDTV route. I have purchased the Zenith DTV1080 and a new RCA 18" x 24" dish. I also have purchased the Sat C Kit. I was hoping to install the new dish myself, replacing the old dish. The dish is very accessible so I should be able to work at it easily. I have a few questions:

1. I have 3 other satellite receivers (2 DirecTivo's) so I'll need to cascade the 2 101 lines into a multiswitch and with 2 out into the directivo's and 2 out to support the HDTV signal. Is this correct? Will this work with a 2X4 passive switch?

2. How difficult is it to line up the new dish? In the past, I've gotten it close by walky-talky'ing to someone watching TV. Can I do that or will I need some compass settings or installer?

3. I live in St. Louis area. I've seen other posts which show others have had luck getting terrestrial signals in Chesterfield. I already have an antenna in the attic. Can anyone comment?

4. Everything should be arriving next week including Pioneer 64 inch TV, Onkyo 797 receiver, Swan Diva speakers (4.1's, R3's and C3's). Any suggested preparation before all this arrives?

I appreciate all help you can provide as I'm pretty apprehensive about this entire project. My wife will kill me if it doesn't work.

Mike (Go Bears!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.