AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run into a situation that I'd like some help on. This isn't really HT related but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it. Maybe Larry Fine or some of you other full-time installers can weigh in.

I'm doing a job where the homeowner wants a set of outdoor speakers mounted on his patio. I was planning on placing a couple of boxes flush with the sheathing and run the cable to them but then I noticed that the electrician had run a length of romex out of a small hole in the sheathing, wadded up a bunch more in his blue box and left it hanging outside about 4-5 inches. It then hit me this was for the bricklayers to work in as they laid the brick! So my question is, how do you guys install LV wiring in a situation like this? I don't think I really need a box but it would offer some protection for the cable. I don't want it to get destroyed as the bricklayers work. I'll try to take a picture of what the electrician did and post it the next time I go out to the house which will probably be tomorrow evening.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.