AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had much of an XBLA game collection. I think I had about 5 or so purchased games.

There's this guy who's RROD'd about 8 times LOL. He's fed up, he's done. He switches to a PS3. So he's selling his gamertag. He's asking $100 for a GT with the following purchased content, all of which I did not have:

3D Ultra Minigolf

Bomberman LIVE

Braid

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night

Centipede & Millipede

Contra

Crystal Quest

Dash Of Destruction

Dig Dug

Discs Of Tron

Doom

Double Dragon

Duke Nukem 3D

Ecco The Dolphin

Every Extend Extra Extreme

Exit

Exit 2

Fable II Pub Games

Fatal Fury Special

Frogger

Galaga

Gauntlet

Geometry Wars Evolved

Geometry Wars Evolved²

Golden Axe

Jetpac Refuelled

Joust

Marathon: Durandal

Marble Blast Ultra + expansions

Mega Man 9

N+

New Rally-X

Pac Man

Paperboy

Pinball FX + expansions

Prince Of Persia

Puzzle Fighter HD

Puzzle Quest

Rez HD

Robotron: 2084

Root Beer Tapper

Rush'n Attack

Small Arms

Smash TV

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Soul Calibur

Space Giraffe

Speedball 2

Spyglass Board Games

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting

Streets Of Rage 2

Super Contra

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade

Tetris Splash

Track & Field

Triggerheart Exelica

Tron

Uno

Worms + expansion

Xevious

Yie Ar Kung-Fu

Zuma

plus 3 pay map packs for full games

plus about 20 pay gamerpic collections

plus about 6 pay themes

plus 70 Microsoft Points

I offer him $30 and he takes it.

I just transferred the licenses and re-downloaded ALL the above to my console. Ow! Get that golden horseshoe outta my butt! I now own 77 full XBLA games

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was being conservative with my points prior to this. No need anymore LOL. So, I also just bought myself:

Peggle

Trials HD

Splosion Man

Arkanoid

Phew! Call it a night. Call it a YEAR more like it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tip, I changed the password on it. I won't change the GT as it doesn't matter to me. I just recovered it to my console and transferred the licenses so that my main GT has access to all the games. Schwing! Sorry if I made anyone jealous, just had to tell somebody about my score. It's the first real deal on anything I've gotten in years!

edit: Anyone have a tip on where to start? I played a bunch of Arkanoid last night before I went to bed. So simple, so great! I'll go by the Metacritic/IGN ratings but a recommendation on the best of my new bunch would be cool.

·
Registered
639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/17017280

and if you want to change your gamertag, have some friends say to MS that yours is offensive. That makes the change in name free!

Is there any method to this? Meaning, do they actually review your name to see if it's offensive, or does X number of requests trigger something in their system? I'd like to change mine without having to pay for it.

/sorry to derail...nice pickup!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Derailing OK, it's a thread with no real substance anyway haha. I think if your name is obviously offensive then it doesn't take too many complaints but if it seems like a totally normal name then you need a few to get it changed (maybe 10 or so). Just get a thread going (not this one though!) and people will be happy to oblige you I'm sure.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Werd...I'll experiment and report back. To answer your earlier question, play Geometry Wars 2 and prepare for your new addiction.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't want to give any of them away though LOL mine, mine, mine! On top of all that, I'm going to probably get Shadow Complex cause it got such good reviews. Too many games to possibly play, maybe I should give some away haha.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The obvious standouts for new games (non-remakes): Braid, Geometry Wars 2, Megaman 9, N+.

And Splosion Man and Shadow Complex which you mentioned in asides are great as well.

Then of course, there's a ton of classics in that list too.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/17028435

Put some time into Speedball 2. Great game. I think me and the guy you bought it from were the only two that got it.

Yeah, most of the old ports I played last night had zero players in online matches (player or ranked). It's nice they put online MP on those games but the reality is most of the time you will be the only person in the whole world trying to play it online with somebody! Kinda sucks, but oh well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts