Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am installing InsulShield and will be covering all of the screen wall with the InsulShield and the lower half of the side and rear walls. The upper walls will have Dracon batting.

My question is; should the InsulShield come up to just below ear level or just above ear level?

I also have a 6-inch riser for the second row of seats, should I stair-step the InsulShield an additional 6-inches for the second row of seats?

Thanks for any and all help.

Don

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe what the InsulShield is for is to absorb primary reflections from your front speakers. To find where these points are, have someone take a mirror along the side walls while you are in the seating area and move it until you see the tweaters of your left and right speakers.

For the risers, I would do the same with the mirror to find the reflection point level. This is probably where I would think the InsulShield could stop and what I would use for the whole wall, unless you want to have a stepped level. I'm sure the experts will reveal a good rule of thumb.

Hope that helps. Experts please correct me if there are better ways to determine this.

-Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.