AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it recomended to get the ins does this have discriptin and price on outer package?? is the ae100 std package ok or should i double box via ems??

posted this before but it dissapeared????

:) :)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Butch,

I swear I'm not purposely following your messages...I just finished replying to you in the Screen section.

I think most people recommend the double-boxing. If you do not, the projector is shipped in the box from the manufacturer with the colorful advertisement of its nature and I think you would be telling customs "Come and get me!." I opted for insurance due to the long trip and its fragile nature. I didn't go with DHL though, since I'm perfectly happy getting it USPS and 2 nights transit was fine by me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just received my AE100 yesterday via USPS/EMS and it only had a thin bubble-wrap layer around the box. Condition was perfect...it looked like it had never left the factory. Kudos to the Postal Service for such care in handling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The double box in my opinion was useless for protection. I also felt cheated when i got my ae100 from price japan. But my dad who is a Customs broker pointed out that this probably saved me from paying duties on the PJ. If Customs saw a Panny box, they might have stoped the shipment. So IMHO I think it was worth the extra $20.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Has anybody actually had their shipment checked if not double boxing? I was planning on ordering mine next week and didnt know about teh double boxing option. I will probably go this route but was curious if anybody that had it single boxed and has problems or had no problems.

·
Registered
201 Posts
go the double box. Even with thin bubble wrap it will help to elliminate the vibration damage that could occur. In my opinion I belive that shipping damage to electrical components doesn't allways appear the minute you turn the unit on.

$20 clams is nothing.

I have 103hrs on mine and still working fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.