AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I need help on attaching whole acoustic fabric false wall covering OC 703s and reflection panels. Please chime in on the best way to attach it on the dry wall. Thanks

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,730 Posts
more info needed, size of area, thickness of treatments, panels or whole wall look (Wallpaper)? will the wall have molding added.

if you had a picture of what you want to do that will help.

Basic options

Furring on wall, staples hidden by molding and columns

Panels built off wall and Hung on the wall

Use of a plastic fabric track that grabs the fabric (see fabricmate)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more info needed, size of area, thickness of treatments, panels or whole wall look (Wallpaper)? will the wall have molding added.

if you had a picture of what you want to do that will help.

Basic options

Furring on wall, staples hidden by molding and columns

Panels built off wall and Hung on the wall

Use of a plastic fabric track that grabs the fabric (see fabricmate)
It will be like the whole wall look. Fabric wood frame (2.25") covering 2" OC 703 and 2" diffusers. Will also use base board but no crown molding. I will also have columns to hide the side seams. I'm just looking for the best way to attach the sectional panels to the back drywall.

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,730 Posts
I'm just looking for the best way to attach the sectional panels to the back drywall.
you need to be a little more specific. If you are asking about how to attach 703 panels to drywall I use 3 inch Power Head screws. they are an Amazon Prime item or you can go to the Fast Cap website

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need to be a little more specific. If you are asking about how to attach 703 panels to drywall I use 3 inch Power Head screws. they are an Amazon Prime item or you can go to the Fast Cap website
Just the fabric covered wood frame to the dry wall. Thanks

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Just the fabric covered wood frame to the dry wall. Thanks
Velcro.

With the OC703 attached using screws. You can put velcro on the back of the panels to attach to the drywall. Use a couple staples to hold each piece of velcro to the back of the fabric panel and staple velcro to the drywall.

The velcro is pretty strong, so remove the panels carefully otherwise you may rip the velcro off the drywall.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Velcro.

With the OC703 attached using screws. You can put velcro on the back of the panels to attach to the drywall. Use a couple staples to hold each piece of velcro to the back of the fabric panel and staple velcro to the drywall.

The velcro is pretty strong, so remove the panels carefully otherwise you may rip the velcro off the drywall.
That's what I was thinking too. Will the staple hold velcro on the dry wall or I should use sticky back ones?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts