AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was about to pull the triger on Integra 60.5 which is basically the same as Onkyo 929 till i read Sound & Vision Review of the Receiver.

The reviewer absolutely abhored the product.

Now doing some more research I came across Sound & Vision review of onkyo 1009 which is basically the same as 929 and the reviewer adored it.

How can 1009 have absolutely thrilling sound quality whereas 60.5 can absolutely suck? Very Very strange.

Hussain

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussain  /t/1521063/integra-60-5#post_24441222

Hi,

I was about to pull the triger on Integra 60.5 which is basically the same as Onkyo 929 till i read Sound & Vision Review of the Receiver.

The reviewer absolutely abhored the product.

Now doing some more research I came across Sound & Vision review of onkyo 1009 which is basically the same as 929 and the reviewer adored it.

How can 1009 have absolutely thrilling sound quality whereas 60.5 can absolutely suck? Very Very strange.

Hussain

Presumably subjective reviews?

Conventional wisdom that the basic sound of all good amplifiers is indistinguishable as long as the amp is used within its nominal capabilties.

The thing that would worry me the most about buying an Onkyo is their recent questionable track record vis-a-vis HDMI reliability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts