AVS Forum banner

4581 - 4585 of 4585 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and have a question about my new-to-me DHC-80.3. I got it for free because it doesn't turn on. I had it plugged in last night and the relays on the power supply board will click at random points. At one point, the unit did turn on and stayed on for about 5 minutes before shutting off and reverting back to the intermittent relay clicking. Has anyone experienced this, or know of a solution to this? I downloaded the service and user manual to try and make some progess.
I can't help you directly, but I would suggest considering contacting Integra tech support and/or finding a local repair shop authorized to work on Integra products. I believe there is a shop in the Dallas metro area. I don't know about Philly, but since you appear to be in the N.E. USA, there's a good chance you'll find someone qualified not too far away.

Since you got it for free, I'd say it's worth considering. I would not spend more than $400 on it (total, including shipping back and forth). Best to call a shop first before you go to any trouble.

If you want a project (DIY), the HDMI boards on the pre-2014 models are notorious for blowing up. I would plan on replacing it and the power board, just to set expectations on cost and effort.

Caveat: I know nothing about your particular circumstances, and I'm not an expert on repairing these devices. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your suggestions. I should mention that it came in a box noting its a refurb. It looks like at least the dts chip on the hdmi board has been replaced since it has a "new" sticker on it.

I had it plugged in just about all day yesterday and in the afternoon, it managed to stay on for about an hour. I turned it off and on a few times using the button on the front and it managed to stay on when asked. This morning, I checked on it and it's back to intermittent clicking.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Is it still possible to get replacement HDMI boards from Integra for the 80.3 ???

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Not from Integra

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
4581 - 4585 of 4585 Posts