AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the Integra DTR-30.1 for my modest home theater. I'm upgrading a few components and it's a bit of a domino effect. I'm looking for any advice or comments on the Integra DTR 30.1. I realize it's a newer unit and there might not be many out in the wild. I'd still welcome any comments on the choice.

A little background. I'm running

Panasonic AX200U projector

Yamaha RXV-995 reciever

XBOX 360 w/HD DVD drive

Kef Q15 bookshelf speakers

Dayton 12" sub

Monoprice HDMI switch

Various inexpensive dvd payers

I picked up an OPPO 83 and a considering the Integra unit to take advantage of the bits by old trusty Yamaha 995 just doesn't understand. I'd also like to eliminate the HDMI switch from the mix. I'm hoping that I'll gain the ability to put the unit in a closet and rely upon on-screen menus sent to my projector via HDMI or maybe a secondary monitor.

My objective is to stay under $1k and to have as much forward compatibility as possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAS /forum/post/16965237

I'm considering the Integra DTR-30.1 for my modest home theater. I'm upgrading a few components and it's a bit of a domino effect. I'm looking for any advice or comments on the Integra DTR 30.1. I realize it's a newer unit and there might not be many out in the wild. I'd still welcome any comments on the choice.

A little background. I'm running

Panasonic AX200U projector

Yamaha RXV-995 reciever

XBOX 360 w/HD DVD drive

Kef Q15 bookshelf speakers

Dayton 12" sub

Monoprice HDMI switch

Various inexpensive dvd payers

I picked up an OPPO 83 and a considering the Integra unit to take advantage of the bits by old trusty Yamaha 995 just doesn't understand. I'd also like to eliminate the HDMI switch from the mix. I'm hoping that I'll gain the ability to put the unit in a closet and rely upon on-screen menus sent to my projector via HDMI or maybe a secondary monitor.

My objective is to stay under $1k and to have as much forward compatibility as possible.

Thanks in advance!

just sent u a pm...get the 30.1 or what about a 7.9 if u want to stay just under 1k for a 1400. unit ! ?

alan

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alan, Thanks for the response. Do you have any feedback on the unit other than 'we have them'? Also, you did't mention your Company name. I'd be interested in your perspective or a comparrison on the other unit you mention.

thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Can the DTR-30.1 be set up to drive front height speakers using the sixth and seventh amplifier channels, and at the same time actively output analog back surround signals to an external 2-channel amp to drive the back surround speakers in an existing 7.1 setup?

I currently have a 7.1 system and I want to add two front height speakers to enjoy Dolby Pro Logic IIz, but I don't want to give up using my back surrounds.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yes, Mark Fleischmann of Home Theater magazine concluded in his review of the Onkyo TX-SR607:
Quote:
Overall, the effect waswait for itworth the trouble. By radically expanding the front half of the soundfield, DPLIIz made the whole soundfield seem larger, more spacious, less constrained by the walls, and more capable of suspending disbelief.

This is from a guy who in the same review expressed skepticism about back surrounds:
Quote:
I have long railed against this back-surround flimflam because it usually uses an outmoded technique, matrixing, to deliver a dubious benefit, back-surrounds.

While digging into the instruction manual for the Integra DTR-30.1, I confirmed that the sixth and seventh amps can drive the front height OR back surrounds but not both at the same time (obviously). Unfortunately, the same is true of the analog pre-outs: they are labeled "SURR BACK OR FRONT HIGH" (see illustration below).

·
Registered
381 Posts
It runs HOT! The newer Integra models seem to run a bit hotter than the Denons we sell. Not a bad thing unless you do not want a heater or have poor air circulation in your rack or cabinet.
Nice units though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah I think I might spring for the DHC 40.1 and run a Rotel class D amp to keep temps down.

Another thing I like about the new .1 receivers is how shallow they are. I think the 30.1 is under 14" deep? Fits in a lot of cabinets that most wont.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophiliac /forum/post/17660355

Another thing I like about the new .1 receivers is how shallow they are. I think the 30.1 is under 14" deep? Fits in a lot of cabinets that most wont.

Yeah, their depth is pretty shallow
Fits easily on my component rack with room to spare....

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Because I started the thread I thought I would mention that I ended up purchasing an Onkyo TX-NR807. I purchased at retail for less that the 30.1 could be had from Integra dealers. For me there was more value in the Onkyo unit from a feature set point of view. So for I am quite pleased. I'm running a Audyssey DSX setup with Wides (7.1). I could not be happier for the price point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There's an integra dealer near me that is selling the 30.1 at $700. Is this a good value?

Where in the product line does Integra start to take over from Onkyo as far as quality is concerned? I guess what I mean by that is that the OP went with the Onkyo 807 because of the price and the value perceived at that price, but would the 30.1 have been a better quality purchase, all else considered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just hooked up my new 30.1.. so far so good other than hooking up the surround speakers to the surrond back on the reciever, fixed now. I ran the audy set up it was so easy. I did watch my first movie last night and the sound from the front speakers was kind of weak. Any config suggestion you night have for me? I just dont know were to start?? Tks!!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsFan /forum/post/17967964

just hooked up my new 30.1.. so far so good other than hooking up the surround speakers to the surrond back on the reciever, fixed now. I ran the audy set up it was so easy. I did watch my first movie last night and the sound from the front speakers was kind of weak. Any config suggestion you night have for me? I just dont know were to start?? Tks!!

Anyone have a suggestion?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts