AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I noticed my Integra DTR-30.2 receiver automatically changing to "Direct" listening mode whenever I turn the channel to MTV or a few other cable channels.

However, I can go into the receiver menu and manually change the listening mode back to say "TV Logic" and it will start working again. But if I turn off the receiver and turn it back on the problem comes back

Not sure if it matters, but I'm using a DirecTV HD DVR model HR24 as the input hooked up via HDMI.

Any ideas why this happens?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I remember reading about this on the Integra web site. I could find the reference link to post. It said if you suspect this problem you should contact their product support department.

Sounds like a known problem that they are trying to fix.

Hope that helps,

Bob

·
Registered
9,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPBob /forum/post/20873747

I remember reading about this on the Integra web site. I could find the reference link to post. It said if you suspect this problem you should contact their product support department.

Sounds like a known problem that they are trying to fix.

Hope that helps,

Bob

Hi RTPBob, its posted at their "Press Releases" but doesn't include 30.2, weird. Then again jeremy480 shouldn't have a problem getting it fix.

Quote:
Automatic Continuous Change of Listening Modes and/or Remote Controller Commands are not accepted

06/21/11 - Models: DTR-40.2, DTR-50.2, DTR-70.2, DTR-80.2, DHC-40.2, DHC-80.2 If your receiver of the above mentioned models experiences the following : Listening modes automatically change one after another. When this problem occurs most commands will not be accepted.

Please contact our Product Support Department at (800) 229-1687, option 3, to confirm that this issue exists in your receiver. If the issue exists you will be given further direction on how to have it serviced.

***This issue will be handled for you even if you are out of warranty (this only applies to US and Canada) .*

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy480 /forum/post/20873849

Thanks, I already sent Integra an e-mail but I haven't heard back from them yet. I just wanted to ask here in case it ended up being user error.

They will tell you to reset the receiver. Do that before they e-mail you back which could be another week, and don't forget they are having a major hurricane this weekend. You have to, at the same time hit the on/off button and the DVR/VCR button. If that doesn't work, then you need to tell them it did or didn't work.

Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to a guy at Integra customer support and he said this is a known issue (as previously mentioned above). I'd have to send my receiver to the closest service center to me (which happens to be about 400 miles away) and he estimated it could take 2 - 3 weeks for the repair.

I asked if I could repair it myself and the guy said yes. On Monday I need to call Integra's parts department, explain my situation, and they will send me some cable with a diode in it (his description). I'll know more Monday after I talk to the parts department.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.