AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through the 28 pages of threads and could find a DTR 40.2 thread that had much information. Maybe i missed it.

I bought a Integra DTR-40.2 on Wednesday and hooked it up to my new Paradigm speakers. Millenia 20 Trio, DSP 3200 Sub, and in ceiling surrounds for a 7.1 system. I thought I was doing pretty well. I went through the Audessy setup and updated firmware and everything sounds awesome so far.

I started to program the remote to turn on my tv and I think i messed up a setting. Previously I could see the volume and sound field on my tv but as I was setting up the remote (which took me awhile because I misread the directions...apparently you have to hold in the remote mode button AND the [Display] at the same time). Anyway after I was done with that I noticed that the volume and sound field were not showing up on my tv any longer when I was watching tv or a blue-ray. I tried to setup the remote for both of these functions which I regret because it didn't work anyway and don't know if it has something to do with that. I looked at the OSD Setup which is "ON" and English. This sucks because I have it in a cabinet and can't see what the volume level is or sound field. Everything is hooked HDMI.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Also some guidance/recommendations on overall setup would be great!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't have the same unit you have. I have the DHC-40.2 (preamp only). Assuming your unit and mine work in the same way, you probably set your unit to pass video unmolested, without upconversion. Try this: simultaneously press VCR/DVR and Return on the receiver (not the remote). While continuing to press VCR/DVR, press Return until "Use" appears on the display. Release both buttons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WORKED! Awesome! Thanks for the help!!

There is a lot of talk in the owner's manual about THX and it said THX recommends to disable the upversion. Well looks like I am not going to.

The manual says that the THX speakers should be set at 80Hz. I don't believe my speakers are THX certified.

Should a guy just go through the audessey set up and call it good?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hey guys I'm a relative newby When it comes to this. This is probably my 3rd system buy I consider it my first. I have a samsung un55c8000. Integra dtr 40.2. Bdc6900. Sib xl lcr, sib for Surround and a cub 2 sub all made by focal. Xbox 360 s 250gb and a comcast cable box. I am running everything into receiver thru hdmi except the Xbox to avoid game lag which goes to the tv hdmi and optical to the receiver. My 1st problem is lip sync. Every input is off and I am forced to use the manual av sync to correct it. I would think since all these devices are less than a year old and hdmi 1.4 compliant that I wouldn't have to do this and it would happen automatically. Cable is off about 40 ms and blu rays seem to vary. For instance older movies like the departed had to be cranked up to 250 ms. Tron legacy seemed to be fine. Why are my devices not speaking to each other? My second problem is I was hoping for some heavy bass. I realize only 1 8" inch downward firing sub isn't optimal but it doesn't rumble like it should. I have audyssey multeq set up and have even turned the sub trim level up 2 db after. Should I look into buying another cub 2 to match or I was looking at an hsu 15 inch sub so I can get lower than 40 hz. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts